Tuesday, December 29, 2009

VIDEOGAME REVIEW ~ The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

OK, so I have an idea. I'll use this blog to post reviews of videogames and movies that I've played/watched.

Today, I shall review the latest in a series that is near and dear in my heart "The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks"

Here's the basic plot: It's set a century after "Phantom Hourglass" and Link is about to graduate Engineering School (He rides trains and stuff). After a series of misfortunate events (Sorry ma'am who wrote the book series of the same title), the tracks called Spirit Tracks begin to vanish and something is wrong with Zelda. She's gone...yet not gone. (trying not to spoil here) Link and Zelda must find out who's responsible for the Spirt Tracks vanishing and stop them before it's too late.

Now, to the review:

Of the recent handheld Zelda games I've played, I think I like this one the best. The console versions are another matter. I like them all equally.

The controls are a lot smoother than "Phantom Hourglass", the humor is better. A couple of times, I've chuckled at the characters, such as Zelda breaking the fourth wall a time or two.

The graphics are still the same as "Phantom Hourglass", but they improved a bit so they don't look AS blocky.

I haven't beaten the game, but I rate it a 8/10, and that's only from the beginning. You should get it if you haven't, and you don't really need to beat "Phantom Hourglass" to understand what's going on. Any allusion to that game is just cameos, so you may not be going, "Hey! I know that person! He/she's from such-and-such" It's a stand alone game.

No comments:

Post a Comment